Buy a Mobile Planetarium
Introducing our ‘Gold Standard’ fleet of domes from Immersive Experiences®
Unlike other inflatable domes, which are built mainly for analogue projectors (non-digital), our portable planetariums (also known as star domes, mobile domes, digital domes and immersive theatres) are designed and developed to meet today’s changing digital technology. They are durable, lightweight for easy transport, with a very high-quality material projection screen.
- Integrate our various projection solutions, up to 4k from one single projector, either fisheye or Newtonian
- DLP, Laser, 3D projectors available
- VR, AR, 3D integration
- Accessible for a wide audience range, including wheelchairs, special needs, induction loops
- Available in either Blue or Black outside cloth colour
- The 5-second dome flip provides a fast emergency exit in case of emergency evacuation
- Fully flame-retardant fabric with certification
- Positive pressure domes, means even with a power outage, the dome remains up longer, allowing you to exit the audience
- Internal ventilation air system to allow better air flow, reducing mould, mildew, bacteria and virus formations
- UV sterilisable screens with no colour damage
- The airlock design simulates space age technology — beginning their “out of this world” experience. The double-door, vestibule design creates a quick seal behind each admittance so that light, late arrivals or those who must leave unexpectedly do not disturb your show in progress. The dome door is 7 feet tall in 5m or more domes, allowing easy “walk-in” entry with minimum air loss per admittance.
- Our airlock door is easily detached from the floor to allow wheelchair users easier access
- The entryway has a continuous non-skid floor that allows the vertical tubes to move sideways to allow adults to enter.
- Our custom-made soft grey projection screen reduces cross-reflection (internal reflections that cause dark areas to be illuminated by reflections from bright areas) for rich colours and pleasurable viewing.
- The optimized surface is shine-free which allows even the brightest digital dome shows to be viewed without glare. The special fabric also reduces sound reflections, making the experience the best it can be.
- The cloth used in each product is custom made for our specific application. And as such, our cloth is designed with the highest standards possible for fire retardancy. Each batch of cloth manufactured has to pass stringent laboratory testing for fire retardancy before it is accepted for manufacturing of the dome. The doorway can be zippered shut for full-dome projection applications but can be left open for easy access.
- The dome features self-regulated outlet vents in the side opposite the door, which open up for through-circulation with the dome is fully inflated, and automatically close if the dome loses air when a group exits.
- The air inlet from the fan is forked: part to inflate the doorway and part goes directly into the dome near the doorway to provide efficient air circulation inside the dome, keeping the projection system cool.
- The vent system not only keeps air circulating inside the dome but stops the characteristic “Bouncing” of typical closed system domes – if the dome overinflates, the vents open completely with a light baffle. No bouncing means no strobing light leaks to disturb the presentation inside!
- Dome printed covers
- Extra Doors
- Dome raised
- Geodesic Metal Domes
- Printed Domes