360° Immersive Projection
We take projection to the next level...
Bring your projections and show to life by introducing interactive elements. Using motion, heat and depth sensors, we allow your audience to experience magic, and control the show themselves. Nothing creates a memorable experience like sending waves across the screen with a wave of the hand. The possibilities are endless once interactivity is on the table!
TURN KEY 4-D
We specialize in projection, but we handle the whole kit and caboodle. We do cove-lighting, surround sound, PAs, wind, smell and motion FX. If you can think of new ways to expand the dimension of your show, we can source, install, program, and operate the equipment to bring it to life. The immersive screen is just one element! 4-D FX add those extra levels of immersion to truly create an unforgettable experience.
IMMERSIVE DOME PROJECTION SOLUTIONS
Newtonian Spherical Mirror
The Newtonian mirror projection system serves the function of a fisheye lens at a fraction of the cost for the resolution on the dome (similar to the advantages of the reflecting telescope over the refractor). Also the Newtonian has a small footprint
— 60 cm wide and 30-45 cm deep (2 feet by 12-18 inches)
— and is placed along the back wall of the dome, leaving the centre of the dome free for visitors. It produces hemispheric coverage with a small area of shading and distortion at the back, directly above the mirror.
The Newtonian is designed to use an HD projector with a resolution of 1920 by 1080 or 1200 although higher resolution options up to 4k are also available. Brighter projectors usually have superior performance – especially in larger domes. Unlike the fisheye, which must be installed in a specific projector, the Newtonian takes a range of standard HD projectors found in home theatres and conference rooms. In the HD projection over 84% of the projector’s pixels reach the dome with over 95% of the dome covered. When a projector needs repair, a second projector can replace it immediately. The Newtonian™2 rarely needs repair, but customers may change out the primary Go-Vex ™ convex mirror after several years of use.
The Newtonian is very portable and normally travels on top of a rolling case containing the projector, laptop and sound system – for easy transport to a school or community setting. An operator with practice can set up a Planetarium and Newtonian system in less than 30 minutes, with similar amount of time required for takedown. The dome, fan, and projection system can all fit on one hand-truck.
- The Newtonian is far less expensive that fisheye solutions.
- The Newtonian eliminates chromatic aberration associated with the horizon of fisheye lenses.
- Newtonian projection solutions are resolution independent with the only limit to the resolution being the projector you have chosen to use.
- Newtonian projection solutions are infinitely interchangeable! You are not stuck with the initial projector you have chosen. As projector technology continues to improve in lumens and resolution, you are free to change out for a new projector while repurposing the original projector for classroom or other uses without penalty. This makes Newtonian mirror solutions green and better for the environment.
- More pixels on the dome! A fisheye lens coupled with a high definition projector loses over 50% of the available pixels due to the round nature of the dome master that the fisheye lens must project.A warped image designed for a mirror captures 84% of the available pixels giving you more pixels on the dome and higher resolution regardless of what ever apples to apples projector comparison you choose to make.